Thursday, July 19, 2012

Meal planning board inspired my Mandy Leahy

So I have been running a little low on creative juices this month and that has sent me to the internet for inspiration. While browsing I found Mandy Leahy's blog, mypassionforscrapbooking.com . She has posted tons of great projects! I was so excited to find her blog because she was inspiring my projects before I even became a consultant!

So the project I am sharing with you is the meal planning board I made. My family can never seem to decide what to have for dinner and it seems like when we don't have an idea we go out. Well that get pricey so when I saw this on Mandy's blog I knew I had to try it!

Meal planning board inspired by Mandy Leahy.

With the Meal tags added.

several more of my meal tags
So to make this you will need a canvas, some paint clothes pins, and whatever paper pack you choose! I used Stella. You just paint your canvas, use a patterned paper to create a background. measure the top of your clothespins and cut paper strips to cover them. Glue your clothespins to your canvas, leaving enough space for tags to fit on each clothespin. Next cut patterned paper strips 1.5x3 and solid paper strips 1x3. Make a list of your family's favorite meals in a word doc. print and cut them out then glue them to your solid strips. The solid trips will go on your patterned strips.

Hope you have as much fun as I did and don't forget a new catalog goes live August 1!! Make sure and get products before they retire! Footloose, Lucy, Superhero,Cruisin', Typeset, Roxy, Elemental, and Sonoma will be retiring!

No comments:

Post a Comment